Hello everyone! This post will help you people to change the favicon of your website in WordPress.
Well, first of all I myself had no idea on what a favicon is, until a colleague of mine asked me to change it in his site.
Thanks to him, for letting me know a favicon and I figured out how to change one using WordPress.
For those who would like to know what a favicon is,
The Favicon is an icon associated with a URL that is variously displayed, as in a browser’s address bar or next to the site name in a bookmark list.
Now in the following image do you see the google icon magnified? Well that’s a favicon.
How to change favicon in your site?
Well the steps are going to be very simple because I’ll be using a plugin to change your favicon
The plugin that I preferred was “All In One Favicon” which I downloaded from the following site: https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-favicon/
- Download the plugin which is in a zipped format.
- Upload the plugin in WordPress.
- Go to Plugin(left side bar) and select Add new
- Search for “All In One Favicon” plugin
- Select the plugin and click “Install now”
- A pop-up window would appear. Confirm the installation
- Click Proceed
- Once installed ,select “Activate Plugin”
- Now select Settings of the “All In One Favicon”
- Upload your icon image(I tried an image of size 32×32) in “ICO Frontend” textbox.
- Save Changes
Refresh your site and check out your favicon. Cheers!
Latest posts by abirami vijayakumar (see all)